Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 34: Chanute to Eureka

August 3rd, sunny, very hot

This is another super hot day. I checked the weather forcase in the morning. It could go up to 104'F around 4pm. I was planning to have a long distance ride so I woke up at 6 and leave the hotel around 7. There is only very limited service on the route so I brought some extra Gatorate wth me. The morning ride was surely enjoyable. But as soon as it reach 11am, the weather started to warm up to a uncomfortable level. The Gatorate and water I brought all became warm. Although I was riding on flat land, I rested in the shades pretty often.

Around 1pm, I arrived Cross Timbers State Park. There seems to have a cafe but it will take me an extra 6 miles trip so I skipped it. Instead, I got my lunch in the small town Toronto.

At 4pm, I arrived a rest area. It was so hot that I decided to take another long break. Part of this blog is written there.












No comments:

Post a Comment