Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 23: Utica to Cave in Rock

Day 23rd, mostly sunny

It's a really long day for me. I woke up around 7am with the two other bikers. Christopher made us some good breakfast and left around 8am. I left about 10 minutes after him.

I'm now riding the flat Kentucky --- at least compare to the east part --- there are still hills but they are not as steep.

I met three bikers today. One I just saw him resting so I waved my hand. The next two, who seemed to bike together, provided me some information about the Western Express Trail again. They have the same suggest as Christopher --- bring lots of water.

In the afternoon, because of the heat, I don't think it is trivial to pedal even the hills are not that steep. I have to stop a couple times and put water on my helmet.

In the evening, there is a long fun downhill ride. I finally reach the river. I left Kentucky and entered Illinois once I took the ferry and went across the river. I had a good dinner at the Cave in Rock State Park. I then biked to the campsite and stayed a night there. The campsite was quiet and nice.
















No comments:

Post a Comment